ESG Member Community
About the EMPEA ESG Community
The EMPEA ESG Community is open to all individuals at EMPEA member firms who have an active interest in ESG in the emerging markets space. This Community provides a platform to share resources and advice for EMPEA members considering how to build and/or expand their ESG management strategy and offers practitioners and experts a forum to advance the development of ESG best practices through information exchange, research and the aggregation and development of innovative resources.
In 2017, two working groups were formed within the Community, one focused on SDG alignment and the other focused on corporate governance. Both groups are actively working on aggregating resources and providing guidance on SDG alignment and implementation and corporate governance at the fund and portfolio company level.
If you would like to be a part of this Community, join us at one of our upcoming meetings (May in Washington, DC and October in London). Please contact Victoria Carrion email@example.com or Kyoko Terada firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up. To see all upcoming EMPEA events, including ESG Member Community meetings, please visit our EMPEA Events Calendar.
The EMPEA ESG Member Community Steering Committee consists of dedicated and experienced ESG practitioners in the emerging markets private capital space. They bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to this peer-to-peer exchange, and all share the same commitment and passion for their profession.
Steering Committee Members
- Hany Assaad, Co-Founder and Chief Portfolio & Risk Officer, Avanz Capital (Corp. Governance Working Group Leader)
- Tania Choufani, Managing Director & Head of ESG, The Abraaj Group (SDG Working Group Leader)
- Mark Eckstein, Director, Environmental & Social Responsibility, CDC Group plc (SDG Working Group Leader)
- Jamie Fergusson, Manager, Sustainability Leadership, IFC (Corporate Governance Working Group Leader)
- Shami Nissan, Head of Responsible Investment, Actis (SDG Working Group Leader)
- Liesel Pritzker Simmons, Principal, Blue Haven Initiative, (SDG Working Group Leader)
- Walter van Helvoirt, Environmental & Social Officer, FMO (Corporate Governance Working Group Leader)
Drew Guff | Managing Director and Founding Partner, Siguler Guff & Company
Dr. Andrew Kuper | Founder and CEO, LeapFrog Investments
Torbjorn Caesar | Senior Partner, Actis
Drew Guff | Managing Director & Founding Partner, Siguler Guff & Company
David Rubenstein | Co-Founder and Managing Director, The Carlyle Group