Investor Relations and Marketing Member Community
Our EMPEA Investor Relations & Marketing Member Community is open to all individuals at EMPEA member firms who have responsibilities in investor relations, marketing, fundraising, communications or business development. This Community connects our vibrant network of specialists in these fields to each other and creates forums for peer-to-peer exchange of technical expertise, issues-based advising, best practices, data and research, and industry innovation.
In 2017, we discussed Brexit, AIFMD and marketing in Europe with legal experts at Debevoise & Plimpton; sent periodic updates about EMPEA’s expanded LP engagement efforts and investor intelligence; as well as shared our experiences around the following questions:
- How does your firm organize your fundraising and investment teams? What have you tried that didn’t work and what has worked well?
- How do you use placement agents or other consultants? How are you using technology to support your efforts?
- Does the type of LP or where they are headquartered influence how you organize your fundraising and IR efforts?
- How do you raise money for co-investments? Do you use your fundraising team or your deal team?
- Where do the pain points remains and where could innovation in the industry help?
If you would like to be a part of this Community or join us at one of our upcoming meetings (including New York, Washington, D.C. and London), please contact Holly Radel at email@example.com. To see all upcoming EMPEA events, including Investor Relations and Marketing Community meetings, please visit out EMPEA Events calendar »
The EMPEA Investor Relations and Marketing Member Community Steering Committee is composed of dedicated and experienced marketing and investor relations professionals whose leadership and expertise are helping to guide this inaugural EMPEA Member Community. Our Steering Committee members bring a wealth of experience to this peer-to-peer exchange, while all sharing the same commitment to emerging markets and passion for their profession.
Steering Committee Members
- Chair: Neil Brown, Partner and Head of Investor Development Group, Actis
- David Bernstein, Partner, Baring Vostok Capital Partners
- Catie Brennan, Managing Director, IR & Business Development, The Rohatyn Group
- J-P Fourie, Head of Investor Relations, Metier
- Scott Gregory,Partner, Snowbridge Advisors
- Mounir Guen,Chief Executive Officer, MVision Private Equity Advisers
- Keith Innes, Managing Director, Clearwater Capital Partners
- Heather Jensen,Vice President of Investor Relations, 57 Stars
- Kathryn Kantarian, Vice President of Investor Relations, Siguler Guff & Company
- Kikelomo Longe, Vice President, African Capital Alliance (ACA)
- Marie-France Mathes, Managing Director, MACON PE
- Nick Moon, Partner of Strategic Partnerships and Investor Relations, LeapFrog Investments
- John Thompson, Communications & Brand Director, Actis
- Dabney Tonelli, Investor Relations Partner, Helios Investment Partners
- Chelsea Wilkinson, Head of Corporate Relations, Ethos Private Equity
Renuka Ramnath | Founder, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Multiples Alternate Asset Management Private Limited
Brian Lim | Partner and Head of Asia and Emerging Markets, Pantheon Ventures
David Rubenstein | Co-Founder and Co-Executive Chairman, The Carlyle Group
Dr. Andrew Kuper | Founder and CEO, LeapFrog Investments
Torbjorn Caesar | Senior Partner, Actis
Drew Guff | Managing Director & Founding Partner, Siguler Guff & Company